Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm doin' this.

A list of things I currently like:

  • Sending postcards internationally and across the country
  • The cymbal at the 1:01 mark of the song "Infinity" by The xx and at 0:27-8 of "O Children" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • This 98-word piece by Canadian writer Sean Michaels: Two people exchange messages with birds. They leave them, nested, on welcome-mats. One day, a sparrow - this means Hello. The next day, a bluejay - this means Yes. They continue like this, cardinal & stork & toucan & swan, until one day the pair have almost run out of birds. What Shall We Do Now? one asks, in the form of a pheasant. The other replies with a letter, a printed page, typewritten, which details every aspect of their exchange, spells out, literally, every impulse and intention, every subtext. And this is the end of their correspondence.
  • Trying to figure out the national origins of anthropologist Johannes Fabian (I think it's Germany, but I know that besides German he also speaks English, French, Swahili and maybe also Dutch since he's out of the University of Amsterdam)
  • A playlist I made on 1/21/11
  • "ivory and fever"
  • This New York Times photo gallery of 500 year-old Incan children (in mummy form) found in the Andes as a result of melting glacers via climate change
  • "This just reeks of spirit world shenanigans."
  • Pretending I have a handle on what I'm doing with my life/masters writing sample


And now, nine photos of Astronaut Cats:











Baby Jesus Bless,
Adam




No comments:

Post a Comment